Poets and writers partake in a collective visual/creative game of inspiration
Immerse yourself in the ambience of Pasir Panjang Power Station as it is transformed into a cocoon of the imagination for four poets and two illustrators. Taking inspiration from the Cadavre Exquis (French for ‘Exquisite Corpse’), a favourite game by surrealist artists created in the 1920s, six artists will contribute their own to a collective piece, after only seeing a sliver of illustration or a line of text done prior. What strange creature will emerge from their imaginative minds? An immersive experience, audiences can take part in this site-specific response project, wandering through the spaces as they take in the sensual triggers.
Writers: Charlene Shepherdson, Crispin Rodrigues, Gwee Li Sui and Marylyn Tan
Illustrators: Darel Seow and Weng Pixin
Presented by 24OWLS, commissioned by #BuySingLit and supported by the National Arts Council, this interdisciplinary presentation will open your eyes to a world of possibilities.
Terms & Conditions
- Each e-ticket provides personal access to Thread Presents CONVEY (“Event”).
- SHOW 1: Doors open at 1.30pm. Show 1 begins at 2.00pm and will run for approximately 95 mins.
- SHOW 2: Doors open at 3.15pm. Show 2 begins at 3.45pm and will run for approximately 145 mins.
- Attendees from Show 1 are given the choice to stay on for Show 2 should they wish to do so. Show 1’s attendees will then be ushered to a viewing zone to continue their CONVEY experience.
- A panel discussion with the artists will take place at the end of Show 2 only.
- No photography, videography or audio recording of the Event is allowed.
- There will be sales of food & drinks at the Event, so any food and beverage purchased elsewhere will not be allowed into the event. We accept cashless payments via Visa/Master debit/credit cards only.
- You must be of legal drinking age (18 years old and above), and be able to produce a valid photo ID as proof of age to purchase and/or consume alcohol at the Event.
- Complimentary valet service is available for parking within the Pasir Panjang Power Station.
- There is no re-entry to the Event, should you leave for any reason whatsoever.
- Please read the full Event Terms & Conditions here.
Safe Management Measures
- All audiences must be masked at all times.
- Audiences are to comprise no more than 5 persons per group, in line with national guidelines on group size. There should be no physical interaction or mixing between groups.
- All audiences are required to check in to SafeEntry through either scanning the QR code using the TraceTogether App on their phone, or by presenting their TraceTogether Token to be scanned. Other check-in modes, such as using the phone’s camera, SingPass Mobile, other QR code reader apps, or using NRIC/FIN and other photo IDs, will not be accepted.
- All audiences must adhere to the venue’s safe management measures, which include wearing masks, maintaining safe distance, and to not enter the venue if unwell.