For the discerning music fan open to new sounds, Flock at The
Nest is an intimate showcase for musicians to present original compositions live. Get to know the artists as they reveal different
sides of their artistry in a cosy set-up at a new space - The Nest, housed within Pasir Panjang Power Station, which is preserved in
all its industrial glory.
Featuring: Marian Carmel and Lewloh, with Benjamin Kheng.
Brought to you by 24OWLS - a team of daring music event programmers who are committed to novel and exciting ideas.
Benjamin Kheng is a Singaporean musician, actor, host, writer and former national swimmer. In 2012,
he made his debut in 2012 as one of the founding members of the popular pop quartet, The Sam Willows. The group has performed
at the SXSW Festival in Austin, the Canadian Music Festival in Toronto, MU:CON and Zandari Festa in Seoul, the Singapore F1
Grand Prix 2013 and 2014, and the Western Australian Music Festival in Perth. In November 2019, he returned to music after a
year-long break with the release of his first solo single "Wicked". Other singles "Find Me" and "Lovers
Forever" were met with equally enthusiastic responses, showing off his vocal versatility and artistic ambition. In June
2020, Benjamin released his highly anticipated debut EP A Sea That Never Stops. He has ventured
beyond music into the world of acting. His range as an actor is manifest in the roles he is tipped to play, from the leading
role as Romeo in Romeo & Juliet (by Toy Factory) to recruit Ken Chow in the musical adaptation of
movie blockbuster Ah Boys to Men: The Musical (Running Into The Sun). He is also one half of the
acclaimed comedy sketch series The BenZi Project.
Photo Credits: Benjamin Kheng
Born in the Philippines and raised in Singapore, Marian Carmel is a singer-songwriter whose ethereal
voice breathes life into her songs. She is influenced by the soulful R&B tunes of Emily King, Lianne La Havas, and Sabrina
Claudio. She has also collaborated with Japanese electronic-pop outfit Tokimeki Records, Boston-based Singaporean
singer-songwriter LEW, and Indonesian electro-jazz duo Mantra Vutura. Her debut solo single, an upbeat track called "Might
Never Get Better", made its debut in 10 Spotify-curated playlists all over the world in late 2019. Her other song "Thursday",
co-written and performed with Axel Brizzy, was crowned "Best Song to Sing Along to" at the Singapore Youth Music
Awards 2019 and has garnered close to a million streams on Spotify. Marian was a mentee in the National Arts Council's
Noise Music Mentorship programme, and took part in MTV Asia's Project: Aloft Star and Yamaha Asian Beat.
Photo Credits: Marian Carmel
Born in Hong Kong to Singaporean parents, LEW is a singer-songwriter who translates intangible
emotion into a warm embrace. He has a melodic silky voice which hugs you like a friend, and takes you home while his
songwriting focuses on the human connection and the healing of trauma. He became well known while serving National Service. In
2015, he fronted the Singapore Police Force band's cover of the National Day song "Our Singapore" and the music
video was shared by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, who praised the "beautiful rendition". A prolific songwriter, he
has released one album, Lullacry (2017), and three EPs, “Red Flags’ (2019), "There’s Something
in My Eye" (2018) and "ENFJ" (2018), which have clocked a total of 11 million streams on Spotify and Apple
Music. LEW is currently pursuing his studies at the Berklee College of Music inBoston.
Photo Credits: Rachel Rodgers
- Each e-ticket provides personal access to the digital event, Flock at The Nest ("Event").
- The Event will go live on Fri, 9 Oct 2020 at 8.00pm, and will be available on-demand from 9.00pm to Sun, 11 Oct 2020 at 11.59pm.
- Please note that ticket holders who have purchased the drinks-only package ("More drinks please") will not have access to the Event.
- Sales of packages with drinks ("Enjoy Me Time", "Double the Fun", "Birds of a Feather", and "More drinks please") will end on Wed, 7 Oct 2020 at 11.59pm.
- Sales of tickets only ("Watch Flock at The Nest Only") will end on Sun, 11 Oct 2020 at 8.00pm.
- The Event is strictly for your personal viewing only. It is not to be distributed, shared, and/or subjected to viewing parties, both online and/or offline. You are not to broadcast/telecast the Event in a public place.
- Photographing, recording, filming, any other form of record of the visual and/or audio of the Event/video, or any form of distribution of the Event is strictly prohibited. The video must not be uploaded to the internet, publicly exhibited, or otherwise modified, distributed or reproduced in any way.
- You must be of legal drinking age (18 years old and above) to purchase and/or consume alcohol. Promoter reserves the rights to check your ID upon delivery of drinks.